this week Bobby Tank shares some insight...
- Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?
Bobby Tank: A played out concept perhaps but Michael Jackson firstly for obvious reasons. From an early age, listening to MJ and trying to imitate his moves seemed to be the only relevant purpose to be understanding what music was. Thats where i found my rhythm for sure.
Secondly, Just Blaze.......well because, hes Just fucking Blaze, nuff said.
Last but not least, Dennis Chambers. That big motherfucker helped me progress, develop and most importantly construct stability into how i transcribe my music onto a canvas......oh, and understanding time signatures (hehe, almost forgot the most important part)
There are many more but i have to go and take a piss....
- SM: Verbally portray your sound....
BT: Robocop beating Rick Deckard at Dance Dance Revolution
- SM: Now describe Bobby Tank in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)
BT: Dont really use twitter alot so erm.....#FF i guess
- SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?
BT: wow, there are too many too name but if i had to say from the top of my head i guess it would be fun to put Quincy Jones, The Fatback Band, Vangelis, Tony Royster Jr, Prince, Cameo and throw Dave Chapelle in there just for jokes, in a tricked out studio with yours truly conducting........oh and a sub zero stacked with Sol
- SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?
BT: Try and visualize the finished product beforehand
- SM: Somewhere you draw much inspiration from...
BT: Movies that bring back great memories
- SM: Fondest musical memory....
BT: Dangerous Tour Wembley Stadium 1992
- SM: Fill in the blanks: ____________ is __________
- SM: 24 hours to kill in (hometown or current place of residence)...
BT: Be with my family
- SM: Define Success...
BT: Accomplishing something that makes you proud